March 9, 2014

Update: CO2 sensor support for the Wireless Multi-sensor

I am getting closer to a working version of the firmware that support the CO2-sensor S8 from SenseAir®.
You can get it from m.nu.

The sensor measures CO2 levels from 0 to 2000ppm and the Wireless Multi-sensor outputs this as 0.0°C - 100.0°C which corresponds to 0.0% - 100.0% of 2000ppm.

Here is a graph from the bedroom last night,
It averages around 50% during the night. This corresponds to around 1000ppm.
At first the sensor was placed outside, where the level is quite steady at 400ppm. The Wireless Multi-sensor outputs 20%.

We started the night with me and my two sons in the bedroom. The CO2 level increases until 3 o'clock, to a maximum of 56%. At 3 o'clock my eldest son leaves the bedroom and the CO2-level decreases to about 50%. After 6 o'clock me and my youngest son leaves the room and my wife enters and continue to sleep alone in the bedroom. The peak is probably me breathing too close to the sensor when checking its position.

The remaining task is to make this work together with DHT22 and the 1-wire-network. The Wireless multi-sensor is supposed to automatically detect if you have connected a CO2-sensor or if you have a PIR-sensor or other type of TTL logic type of sensor.

UPDATE: Here is another graph that shows the CO2-ppm level on the y-axis. The snapshot is taken after one night sleep with my wife and my eldest son in his bedroom.

Top notation is 1306ppm just before 7 o'clock in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment